Re: More Wishes

|| On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 10:57:18 -0500
|| Giovanni Sce <giova@digitalright.org> wrote:

gs> My idea (my wish) would be to have a graphical system by the end of the
gs> "automatic" installation, a basic (but not minimal... I guess... one thing,
gs> I'll try is to define better these levels) installation and decent standard
gs> admin configuration. Then the possibility to create users with different skill
gs> levels, so to give to a totally unexpert (or unauthorized) one just OpenOffice,
gs> internet stuff and a bit more, one more advanced with db, GNUCash and more
gs> similar packages (and more choices), etc...

I'm part of Debian-NP team and work in other CDD too called
Debian-BR-CDD. On it, we current support two profiles: Desktop
Environment and Light Desktop Environment. In last, we use IceWM and
provide some preselected softwares like AbiWord and GNumeric to users
too.

This version uses Debian Installer and can be installed, using kernel
2.4, at 24mb of RAM only. I suggest to you try to install the netinst
version of debian-installer and then add these packages to see what
you think.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116