Re: Morphix/Debian-NP CDs

On Wed, Nov 26, 2003 at 02:01:44PM +0100, Tomas Krag wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-11-26 at 10:52, Benj. Mako Hill wrote:
> > Mozilla seems to support just about everything out of the box on a
> > Debian installation (I found, and was able to view/read the
> > Amharic/Ethiopic version of google yesterday!).
>
> OK, but there is a difference between supporting Amharic websites, and
> actually having Amharic UI ;-)

Good point. :) GNOME has an Amharic interface (or has done a fantastic
job of fabricating a screenshot). Enrico showed me the info on it and
I feel pretty comfortable saying it's the only Amharic UI out there --
it's certainly the only one I've ever heard of. I have yet to try it
out.

> > GNOME I'm a little new so I'll welcome any input from others both on
> > how to set this up and then, perhaps more importantly, how to set up a
> > good interface to have people select and which between. I've not
> > really used GNOME extensively and don't know.
>
> It may be worth taking a look at
> http://www.indlinux.org/wiki/index.php?IndLinuxMilanReleaseNotes
>
> which is an Indian multi-language liveCD also based on Morphix. Their
> extra apps include: Yudit, gtranslator, pfaedit, kbabel, gettext, balsa.

Yes. I ran into their stuff while I was searching for some HOWTOs on
modifying boot images actually. It looks like an interesting
project. Perhaps they've been in contact with Alex.

> BTW, I'll be attending the WSIS, at the Danish Foreign Ministries
> presence, and would love to hand out debian-NP CD's there. Any idea how
> to get hold of them when they arrive?

Not yet. I'm a little worried as I haven't heard from anyone at LPI in
weeks and both myself and the Martin Michlmayr, the Debian Project
Leader, have sent them several emails. It's not time to get frantic or
anything -- that happens next week. :)

Regards,
Mako

--