Re: IRC Meeting Summary/Log and some other things

Le Sat, 16 Aug 2003 10:02:43 -0500
Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> a tapoté sur son clavier :

> For such a young program, gnucash seems to have fairly impressive
> support for business accounting operations.  I don't know how it would
> mesh with the needs of a NP, though, since I have 0 knowledge of how the
> accounting requirements for a NP differ from those of a small business.

IMHO Gnucash is a realy good accounting software as he manages
accounts in a double entry way.

One thing we can add to Gnucash is to provide sample account schemes
ready to use for non-profits. I don't know if there are so many
differences in non-profit accountings but to provide such general
schemes could be useful for treasurers.

Another good thing with Gnucash is that we can personalise report
outputs and help treasurers to publish their legal documents every
year.

Yannick