Re: next step...

On Tue, Aug 05, 2003 at 09:20:33PM -0400, Stephen Gran wrote:
> This one time, at band camp, Darryl Caldwell said:
> > productivity suites
> OpenOffice, I think wins this one hands down.  Oddly, though, kword is
> the only thing I've found that handles WordPerfect docs, so it might be
> worth including it for that reason.

I'm really glad you mentioned KWord's WordPerfect conversion abilities.
I wasn't aware that *any* free office suite handled WP docs, and the
organization I work for has hundreds (thousands?) of documents in
WordPerfect 5.1 format. The conversion is far from perfect, but it does
get the text and the general idea of the formatting. (I must admit here
that I only tried one, relatively simple, document. I intend to try
others, perhaps next week.)

I hope the OpenOffice.org people are working on a WP filter, too.

--
Nathan E. Sandver	nathan@sandver.net