Re: next step...

With the exception of a good fundraising system, most of the other apps
are the same as those required of other small biz/office setups. Without
namimg too many names here are the types that immediately come to mind:

Network:
file/print servers (Samba and Netatalk...)
mailing list manager (Mailman...)
content management systems
User/Network admin (thinking here about webmin...)
Web caching
IM system (Jabber...)

Desktop:
browsers
email
IM client
productivity suites
groupware/calendaring
bookkeeping/accounting

I did an interview for an article with the head of IT for The Nature
Conservancy last year. She told me of the 3000 employees they have, at
least half of them are being supported by GNU/Linux. They used a Red Hat
distro they customized and Webmin....

--
Darryl Caldwell darrylc@fudosys.com
Fudo Systems  www.fudosys.com