Re: [Debian-NP] Introduction & a few ideas

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Yann Forget wrote:

> * there are a numerous small applications providing address databases with
> MySQL, for example. It would be interesting to focus on one of them and
> complete it to be good enough for almost everybody. Ex:
> 	- http://software.freshmeat.net/projects/addressbook/
> 	- http://software.freshmeat.net/projects/annuaire/
> 	- http://software.freshmeat.net/projects/mams/
> 	- http://software.freshmeat.net/projects/myfriends/
[snip]

I think it would be best to decide if a database for something like
addresses is necessary. If we end up doing something like
opengroupware integration with evolution or something similar, then we
will have address/contacts all centralized in one place already and we
wont need to try and build a separate address database front-end.

I created a separate section on the wiki to address database
requirements and needs, and filled it out with what stuff I have seen
come by the list on this subject, I encourage people who are
interested in this aspect to have a wack at the page it is at:

http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?DebianNPDatabases

micah