Re: [Debian-NP] Databases

Hi,

Le Samedi 19 Juillet 2003 11:17, Micah Anderson a écrit :

> I think it would be best to decide if a database for something like
> addresses is necessary. If we end up doing something like
> opengroupware integration with evolution or something similar, then we
> will have address/contacts all centralized in one place already and we
> wont need to try and build a separate address database front-end.

Well, what IS necessary is an easy-to-use database front-end which can be used
for anything, and not only by Debian-NP. But this is mostly required for
small organisations, as big ones will have a big complex system with a
sysadmin to install and configure it.

The main drawback of phpmyadmin is IMO that it requires Apache+PHP. There is
also kmysqladmin, but no Debian package for it, and it doesn't compile with
gcc-3.3.

> I created a separate section on the wiki to address database
> requirements and needs, and filled it out with what stuff I have seen
> come by the list on this subject, I encourage people who are
> interested in this aspect to have a wack at the page it is at:
>
> http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?DebianNPDatabases
>
> micah

Yann
--