From: Micah Anderson [mailto:micah@riseup.net]
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2003 2:17 AM
To: Yann Forget
Cc: debian-nonprofit@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: [Debian-NP] Introduction & a few ideas

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003, Yann Forget wrote:

> * there are a numerous small applications providing address databases
> with
> MySQL, for example. It would be interesting to focus on one of them
and
> complete it to be good enough for almost everybody. Ex:
> 	- http://software.freshmeat.net/projects/addressbook/
> 	- http://software.freshmeat.net/projects/annuaire/
> 	- http://software.freshmeat.net/projects/mams/
> 	- http://software.freshmeat.net/projects/myfriends/
[snip]

I think it would be best to decide if a database for something like
addresses is necessary. If we end up doing something like opengroupware
integration with evolution or something similar, then we will have
address/contacts all centralized in one place already and we wont need
to try and build a separate address database front-end.

I created a separate section on the wiki to address database
requirements and needs, and filled it out with what stuff I have seen
come by the list on this subject, I encourage people who are interested
in this aspect to have a wack at the page it is at:

http://wiki.debian.net/index.cgi?DebianNPDatabases

micah