Re: Ross Vandegrift: Declaration of intent

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 04:17:15PM -0700, Ross Vandegrift wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 11:00:51PM +0200, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
> > I'm basically fine with everything, and with you being a contributor for
> > quite some time already (2016 at least) I'm not that fussy as I've been
> > in other cases.  Just it's nowadays not so common going directly to
> > DD,upload without having been DM for a while before, and your packaging
> > activity doesn't really show any interest in the rest of the archive.
>
> Can DD non uploading be combined with an access list like DM?  That
> would seem like a possible route.

Yes.  DD_nu can be granted upload rights just like DMs.

> > library transitions?
>
> Yes, efl transitioned from 1.8 -> 1.18 when moving from experimental to
> sid.  I mostly understood the process, though I had lots of help.

I don't think that was a library transition though: I don't see any
SONAME change in that package (but I could have missed one, with all
those binaries…).

> > I can also stop worrying over your application if you find some
> > advocate(s) other than Andreas Metzler :)
>
> As far as packaging, I won't be able to find another advocate.  The only
> person to have reviewed my packages has been MIA for some time (Albin
> Tonnerre).

:(

So, it kind of sadden me to cut down on peple's happiness, but may I
suggest you go for dd_nu for now, and when you gather some more
packaging experience apply for dd_u?
I need to clarify that dd_nu and dd_u can be seen as comulative for AM
part, as dd_nu asks only P&P and when moving to dd_u only T&S are
checked.

What do you think?

--
regards,