Report for 'Debian Developer, uploading' applicant Mathias Behrle

Hello,

I recommend to accept Mathias Behrle as a new Debian Developer, uploading.
The account name is mbehrle.

 * Applicant background

My name is Mathias Behrle, born in 1959 and living in Freiburg (Germany). After
high school graduation in medicine I started a profession as violin maker.
Meanwhile I am double job holding with the handcraft on the one side and
software development on the other side. I am involved in programming since 30
years, doing my first steps with Visual Basic under Microsoft Windows to create
a highly customized application for my own handcraft business. Two years later I
switched to my first Linux experience with SUSE Linux. Still not satisfied I
installed few months later my first Debian Potato, providing me since then
with the flexibility and freedom of the Operating System suiting my personal
preferences and convictions. Subsequently I got involved actively in a number of
OpenSource projects, mainly in the area of ERPs, and of course, Debian.

With the usage of Debian I started to contribute occasionally with bug reports.
My involvement increased steadily and reached a new state in 2009, when I
helped to co-maintain the first set of packages of the Tryton suite. In 2011 I
became DM and since then I am maintaining the whole Tryton stack in Debian as
well as a full fledged backports suite provding backports for all supported
Tryton releases for Debian stable and oldstable (debian.tryton.org). A
conversation with my current sponsor Raphael Hertzog at this years DebConf
convinced me to take now the final step to apply for DD.

Regards,

Wouter Verhelst