Re: Report for 'Debian Developer, uploading' applicant Sebastian Andrzej Siewior

On November 3, 2015 12:12:00 PM EST, Jonathan McDowell via nm <noodles@debian.org> wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I recommend to accept Sebastian Andrzej Siewior as a new Debian
>Developer, uploading.
>The account name is bigeasy.
>
> * Applicant background
>
>I discovered FSF and Linux while I asked myself if there is anything
>other than Windows. I switch to Debian from Gentoo once I figured out
>that 500MiB of binary update is more worth than 500MiB of source
>update. I contributed to Debian in a few ways mostly by reporting bugs
>via BTS. I am one of the two porters that made powerpcspe happen.
>Currently I am a member of the clamav packaging team.

This is excellent news.  Sebastian has been doing excellent work in pkg-clamav and I look forward to him soon being a full member of the project (as well as no longer needing to sponsor his uploads that will hit New).

Scott K