Advocacy for Breno Leitao

Hello,

I advocate Breno Leitao to become Debian Developer, uploading.

The current status of Breno Leitao is Debian Contributor.

Advocacy text:

Breno has done a great job over the last couple of years getting the ppc64el port up and running in Debian and in a very good state. He managed that without being a DD, but relied heavily on the help of others to get things uploaded.

I am pleased that Breno has now asked to become a DD so that he can do his own porter uploads, and to become a proper voting member of the community. It shows his ongoing commitment to the port, and a desire to reduce the workload on others.

Now that the port is moving into a more maintenance phase it makes sense if Breno is able to do his own uploads, especially of the long tail of 'largely unmaintained' packages. DM status does not really make sense for porters as the work is intrinsically about many packages, so he is applying for uploading DD status to start with (on my advice). Given his track record with the project for the ppc64el port and his submitted patches to date, as well as talking to him about this at Debconf 14 and 15, I am confident that his work is of high quality, that he understands our systems, and can be trusted with upload rights.

So I'm pleased to be advocating him, and hope we can get the formalities done reasonably quickly.

Wookey (via nm.debian.org)