Re: DM application of Carsten Schoenert

Hi,
On Sat, Aug 15, 2015 at 06:15:11PM +0200, Carsten Schoenert wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I'd like to become the status of a Debian Maintainer as described on
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMaintainer.
>
> I have read the Social Contract, Debian Free Software Guidelines and
> Debian Machine Usage Policy and agree with all of them.
>
> I started to maintain the packages libcoap, sogo-connector and libvmime
> after a initial upload by a DD.
>
> I also co-maintain the packages icedove, icedove-l10n, iceowl-l10n and
> in preparation for a first upload the package giraffe.

I advocate Carsten's application as I have sponsored several uploads of
the above packages in the past, he's defacto handling the
ice{owl,dove}-l10n packages and does lots of works on icedove since
several months now.

He reacts quickly on bugreports (managed to get the icedove bug count
down drastically), is open for suggestions and discussions and keeps up
with new releases nicely.

Cheers,
 -- Guido