Re: Debian Maintainer application: Emmanuel Bourg

Dear Debian Newmaint and other interested parties:

I hereby advocate Emmanuel Bourg's (<ebourg@apache.org>) application for
Debian Maintainer status.  Emmanuel has been posting and interacting
with the debian-java list since February of this year and has been
contributing to the pkg-java team quite ardently for the past 6 weeks
(since mid-March).  He has provided numerous updates to core Java
library packages, with my role in the collaboration being that of
sponsor.  Thus, I have reviewed a number of his packaging updates and
believe him to be ready for the next step as a Debian Maintainer.  I
look forward to working with him in the future.

Please contact me with any questions concerning my advocacy.

Thank you,
tony mancill (tmancill)

P.S.  Please cc: me on replies, as I am not currently subscribed to
debian-newmaint.