Re: on the "M" of "NM"

On 10/05/2011 06:55 PM, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
>> Here we have an incremental improvement and we must say yes or no. And I
>> say "yes, it's a good idea".
>>
> I can't agree more with Raphaël. Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the
> good: this incremental improvement can be made with relatively less effort and
> gives us an improved situation over what we have now. It doesn't preclude
> working on the 'even better solution' at all.
>
> Yes, it's a good idea.
>
> Thijs

I agree that if there's a quick improvement to be made, and if we all agree
it's better, then we shouldn't delay it.

However, how about: NPM, as in New Project Member, instead of just NM,
which is the same as our old NM and leads to confusion?

Debian is not just a club with members, it's really a project we are all
working on... It would also work for non-uploading DDs. Non-uploading
DDs would then be DPM (Debian Project Members), and DDs would also
be DPMs (DD would mean they have upload rights).

We could keep "NM" (as in "New Maintainers") for people willing to
become DM, which then makes a lot more sense to me.

Just trying to start a brainstorming here, if you have better ideas,
please share. Please also share if you think my idea is wrong, silly,
stupid,
or just a waste of time, I wont take personally ! :)

Thomas Goirand (zigo)