Re: Advocating Ana Carolina Comandulli <caroll@funlabs.org>

Hi there!

Please Cc: me, I am not subscribed to the list.

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 23:03:16 +0200, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
> On 29-07-2011 23:28, NM Front Desk wrote:
>> Auth-Key: nmauthf3a5d85d81dcff175d3caa2e9a8b3c67
>> Applicant: Ana Carolina Comandulli <caroll@funlabs.org>
>>
>> Why do you advocate this person? (please provide a 5-10 line summary).
[...]
>  1. caroll@funlabs.org
>  2. 4096R/DA83FD56: 8623 3022 C12B 6ECF C90A  4007 8504 5872 DA83 FD56

FWIW, I signed Caroll's key above.

> In 2006 she attended her first DebConf (DC6 in Mexico), she promptly
> helped the Organization Team in different tasks.  After DC6, Caroll
> also attended DebConf8 and DebConf11.  This last DebConf she got more
> involved, attending several DebConf Orga Meetings, volunteering to
> act as TalkMeister, helping the Cheese & Wine Party Team,  but most
> of the time she spent helping Events/Merchandise Desk (or Front Desk).

I met Caroll the first time in DebConf6 (by coincidence, my first
DebConf as well), mostly because she was helping the organizers.  Since
then, it was a pleasure for me to meet her again, given her pleasant
attitude and involvement during DebConfs.

As Felipe wrote, Caroll was of a valuable help during this year's
DebConf: with my Events hat on, I must admit that without her help the
merchandise stuff would not have been managed so well.  I fully trust
her and in fact she was the one having the other cashbox key.  She was
also keen to occupy as much time slots as possible: this meant that at
least one person was always present at the Merchandise Desk, which
resulted in a very good desk IMHO.  So please consider this as public
thanks for her involvement, which I hope will be "reiterated" during
future DebConfs!

> That being said, I fully support her application and believe she would
> be a great addition to Debian.

Despite myself having no experience with Caroll's packaging efforts, I
completely agree with Felipe's statement, also considering that she is
already and actively part of the DebConf/Debian community.

>>  - How do they interact with others, such as users and other developers?
>
> Her interactions tend to be very friendly, even during unpleasant and
> flaming threads.  She is polite and kind, always looking to add some
> input that would make things easier or trying to help others.

I can not speak for email interactions, but during the aforementioned
period spent at the DebConf11 Merchandise Desk she was always smiling
and willing to reply to people, even when there were too much of them
(and thus stress raises up).

>> Please note that by default your answer will also be sent to
>> debian-newmaint@lists.debian.org to allow others to comment on it.
>
> Noted.  I also pointed some people to this email so they can add more
> info to help Front Desk and add more info.

Here I am, hoping that the above is enough.  As Christian wrote in his
advocacy email, I am not so good at this kind of things, especially when
the person to advocate is a friend :-)

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca