Re: Advocating Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au>

Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> writes:

> On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 06:41:11PM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> >   <87k4ucbx2d.fsf@benfinney.id.au>
>
> Personally, I don't find anything wrong with that message.

Thank you, it's good to see that the reported annoyance was not
universal.

> If we're going to start a "list of annoying messages", though
[…]

To be fair, I'm not looking to start such a comparison, and I don't want
to start pointing fingers. (The fingers pointing at me were explicitly
invited.)

I'm responding specifically to an explicit basis that was given for
objecting to my application: that my style of communication was
objectionable. I'm seeking what it is that bars my style, and not the
style of others, from being acceptable for a Debian Developer.

--
 \            “Without cultural sanction, most or all of our religious |
  `\          beliefs and rituals would fall into the domain of mental |