Re: Advocating Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au>

On 17-Feb-2010, martin f krafft wrote:
> I am in a difficult situation because all of my conduct with Ben has
> been positive, but I received a lot of backlash over my decision to
> advocate him.

Thank you, Martin, for your efforts and diligence in considering this
matter.

> Given the feedback (and shit) I received in response to my
> advocation, I have sought and read much of what Ben has contributed
> to Debian, leaving me with the following conclusion:

I would like to receive (privately is fine) specific references to
instances of what these are, so I know what it is that needs to be
addressed.

> - It is true that not all his packages are in an excellent state,
>   which one might expect from someone applying for membership.

Which packages are not currently in an excellent state? Are there any
which are not currently awaiting a sponsor to upload a new release
I've made to address the problems?

> - His style of communication seems to rub some people strongly who
>   have much credit to their name from their contributions in Debian.
>   I suggest for Ben to take a lesson from that

This, in particular, I would like specific references for so I know
what people are objecting to.

>   At this point I would like to thank everyone who took the time to
>   write in privately.

Ditto. Thank you for working with Martin to help him assess my
application.

>   and I recommend he address these publicly voiced concerns before
>   applying again.

I look forward to knowing what, specifically, they are :-)

> Sorry for my mistake, and the extra work it has caused you.

Thank for taking the time to put this together.

--
 \        “If I melt dry ice, can I swim without getting wet?” —Steven |
  `\                                                            Wright |