Re: DM application for Adam Cécile (Le_Vert)

On Monday 4 February 2008 23:41, Luk Claes wrote:
> Hmm, I do understand that some maintainers don't like these 2-day or
> 0-day NMUs, but they only happen if the maintainer doesn't (re)act to RC
> or Release Goal bugs for at least 7 days...
>
> You can argue that 7 days is rather short, but one is only expected to
> send something to the bugreport which clarifies one's intentions in that
> time frame...

I'm aware that this is how it should be, but many situations happen when
you're just out of time or you forgot to reply to this specific bug or. That
just happens. It is great that people like Lucas remind you of it and even
attach a complete fix. So far so good.

My point here is this: why use a DELAYED/2 queue when a DELAYED/10 upload
suffices just as well to reach the goal, but allows the "waken up" maintainer
to incorporate it in their own upload beforehand if they so wish? Seems to
make all happy.

Thijs