Re: Debian Maintainer application

On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 16:08 -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> For my part, I'm surprised by how damog chose to interpret your
> comment, so I wonder if he wasn't already predisposed to assume the
> worst based on some prior encounters.  I'm sure he'll speak up for
> himself if that's the case.

Actually, after a deep thouthg, I do think I overreacted and maybe I
misinterpreted and acted childish on our previous conversations.

I still think Raphael should get more expertise on packaging before
applying for DM. AFAIK, he's already on the NM queue, which I think it's
the best for him right now.

Being sponsor for a few of his packages does not mean that I should
immediately advocate his DM application, though, as I have done with
other previous applicants: I have both accepted and advocated people on
NM and DM, and rejected a personal request by (at least that pops to my
memory right now) one person for getting into NM.

--
David Moreno Garza <david@espiral.org.mx> | http://www.damog.net/
 What the Helen in Troy is that?