Re: Debian Maintainer application for Samuel Thibault

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 09:07:50AM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> This is my declaration of intent to become a Debian Maintainer.

I fully support this.

I have worked with Samuel on the Debian GNU/Hurd port for over three
years now.  In that time, it became absolutely clear to me that Samuel
is outstanding in his technical competence both in upstream programming
and Debian packaging.  Not only did he spend a huge amounts of time on
the regular maintenance of the GNU/Hurd port, he also implemented/
ported/fixed complicated solutions several times when the port hit
dead-ends in major upstream components like glibc and X.org.

I also met him several times over the years in real life, and it was
always a pleasure.  Debian also needs more trombone players.

Michael