Re: Request to become a new Debian maintainer (Helge Kreutzmann)

On Thu, 08 May 2008, Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Helge Kreutzmann (debian@helgefjell.de):
>
> >  I applied to become Debian Maintainer and briefly described my
> >  activities within and around Debian, cf.
> >  http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2008/05/msg00006.html)
>

> I have numerous occasions to work with Helge, mostly for localization
> work.

I've worked with Helge as he translates dpkg into german. I noticed he
prefers asking questions when he hasn't understood something rather than
make possibly wrong assumptions.

If he's similarly careful in all the other work that he does, then I'm
confident that he would be a good packager as well. I haven't reviewed any
of his packages that said.

I just hope that he goes further than DM and that he also becomes DD like
Christian to work on the i18n coordination of Debian as a whole. :-)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog