Re: Request to become a new Debian maintainer (Helge Kreutzmann)

Quoting Helge Kreutzmann (debian@helgefjell.de):

>  I applied to become Debian Maintainer and briefly described my
>  activities within and around Debian, cf.
>  http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2008/05/msg00006.html)

I have numerous occasions to work with Helge, mostly for localization
work.

In that matter, he has shown great responsiveness and availability,
which I think are good prerequisites for being a good DM.

He is committed to Debian for a long time now, so that application is
certainly not a one-shot attempt.

I don't have much judgement to give about his packages, which I know
quite badly. However, I've already noticed that he's very picky about
packaging issues and aware of many of them. So, even though I can't
judge his technical skills, I'm confident he would make a very good
and reliable Debian maintainer.