Re: DM application

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 08:43:03AM -0430, Jose Luis Rivas Contreras wrote:
> Hi, I was traveling, I just got home so I'll answer your questions :)

Given these answers (and questions), you should IMO not yet be a DM.
While you seem to have the right attitude, I think you can use some
guidance with your packages before they are uploaded.

DM isn't meant for everyone who uploads packages, but only for those
whose sponsors didn't need to change anything to the proposed packages
(at least a few times, IMO).  Also, if severe bugs are found after an upload,
that indicates that the sponsor should have asked for a change. ;-)

I hope this doesn't discourage you; it's good that people who are not DD
are maintaining packages.  But sponsors are more than just an annoying
step in the process.  DM is for experienced maintainers who aren't
completely ready to be DD yet.  It isn't for all non-DD maintainers.

If you've proven for some time that you handle uploads and bugs
according to Debian's standards, I'd be happy to see you as a DM.  But
with all these issues in the recent past, I think this is not the time.

Thanks,
Bas

Ps: I'm just a random DD, I have nothing to do with the DM process.  The
    above is just my opinion, not an official Debian or DM team
    statement.

For more information, see http://pcbcn10.phys.rug.nl/e-mail.html