Re: DM application

On 2008-04-18, Jose Luis Rivas Contreras <ghostbar38@yahoo.es> wrote:
> Well this change was trying to get all packages to work with
> xscreensaver, I was refusing at first and Tormod convinced me of making
> this change so gnome-screensaver were able to use xscreensaver hacks
> finally after being years in wishlist (no as you guys said it was only
> for getting fun). And yes, I'm pretty sorry with you kdeartwork
> maintainers since we didn't thought kdescreensaver were so hardlinked
> with xscreensaver, we basically just added more stuff to te package, it
> was our fault.
>
> Anyway was only once and was only needed to add a dependency and
> everything was solved.

That was the first change(#469204).  Then a couple of weeks later,
kdeartwork failed to build from source because of changes in
xscreensaver (#474898).

And in the past (probably before you took over xscreensaver) there has
also quite recently been #436364.

kdeartwork is very dependant on xscreensaver and changes in there. This
is why I ask for a rebuild of kdeartwork before each xscreensaver upload
so that we can be warned in advance about changes instead of only
catching it on next full rebuild of the archive.

Maintainers need to take more care of their reverse dependencies.

/Sune