Re: DM applicant Niko Tyni

I heartily recommend Niko Tyni <ntyni@iki.fi> for DM.

He has singlehandedly led the Request Tracker "team" [1] for the past
year, handling upstream upgrades, working with translation teams,
migration of debian packaging in Alioth SVN and a host of other issues.

To be frank, at this point, Niko's knowldge and experience packaging a
large webapp far exceed mine.  :)  My sponsorship of the actual
request-tracker and rtfm uploads is purely a formality at this point.
The ability for Niko to upload packages himself is long overdue.

[1] The rest of us on the "team" have been embarassingly inactive.  Niko
has been doing all the work.

--
_ivan