Re: DM applicant Niko Tyni

Hi,

Having worked together with Niko maintaining smokeping and
speedy-cgi-perl for some years now, I have to say that he knows
perfectly how Debian Mantainership works. He has actually taken over
maintainership of those packages now that I am quite busy with work
and real life to package as much as I'd like to. While I am sponsoring
their packages yet, I think that Niko is able to maintain them alone,
tracking new versions and fixing bugs promptly.

Also, as you may know, he's been on NM process for some time now,
having passed different checks yet.

If you need some kind of additional info, please email me.

--
José Carlos García Sogo
  jsogo@debian.org