Re: Advocate DM: Jose Parrella

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 08:49:22PM +0100, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
>   Because I felt this was obvious. Adding one person to the DM or DD
> keyring requires the same amount of work, so why shouldn't we add him
> _directly_ in the proper place ?

Who's this "we"? I've been working on DM stuff, because I'm a maintainer
of the DM keyring. I'm not a maintainer of the debian-keyring, and I
don't have access to work on that.

Personally, I think working on the DM process is much more useful than
doing general maintenance of the keyring, which is one reason why I'd
rather spend my time on it rather than the DD keyring even if I did have
access to it.

> Who do you see fixing NM right now ? I see plenty of people trying to
> make DM work though.

Personally, I think DM *is* an approach at fixing "NM", at least in the
sense of NM being about helping people contribute to Debian, rather than
the particular set of processes and people currently involved.

> > So why are you blocking this again?
>   he's not _just_ past P&P, he's at the:
>   P&P + T&S + FD Approved + DAM Approved stage.

So's Fathi Boudra. As of today, Miriam and Cameron are also both at the
P&P + T&S + FD Approved stage.

I guess you'll argue that that just means all those folks should have
their permissions removed at that point, on the grounds that it's more
important to "kick James" than have good contributors easily able to
contribute.

Cheers,
aj