Re: Miriam Ruiz and Cameron Dale advocated for the DM keyring in beta test

On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 17:14 +0200, Kalle Kivimaa wrote:
> [Please cc me, I'm not subscribed to -newmaint although my Gnus
> probably thinks I am.]
> Bart Martens <bartm@debian.org> writes:
> > Can you find real advocacy messages for Miriam Ruiz and Cameron Dale,
> > similar to these for Fathi?
> I am not going to spend time hunting the archives. Feel free to hunt.

My point exactly. :)

> > If no such messages already exist, can you ask DD's who have worked with
> > Miriam Ruiz and Cameron Dale to write such advocacy messages on
> > debian-newmaint?
> I'm not going to spend time asking aj or joeyh. Feel free to ask them.

That effort has not been successful so far, see the thread starting

> (This is not intended as an insult, although it probably sounds like
> it - sorry, English isn't my native language.

No problem at all.

> I considered leaving
> this message unanswered, but thought that that might not be wise. My
> point is that it is not my problem to hunt for explanations,

I agree that it is not your task to hunt for advocacy messages.

> it is the
> problem of a DD who wants more information.

It's not just a request for more information, but a matter of following
the voted procedures when granting upload rights to non-DD's.

> I'm just a bystander
> providing information that people have requested to be provided, not
> a member of any team related to the DM process.)

Same here, I'm just another DD.  Thanks for your (partially successful!)
attempt to complete the DM applications.

Bart Martens