Re: two rejections

Hi Benj.!

You wrote:

> I still think that rejection has happened and will happen in the
> future. Rejection is when an AM or the DAM decides that a person does
> not belong. It should be called one.

That's true.  The DAMs heave rejected a few people in the past, and they
use well defined terms of "hard rejection" and "soft rejection".

> However, when someone simply does not finish going through the
> application process, we should call that a canceled application or a
> deactivated or inactive application.

I totally agree.  Just "cancelling" an application sounds good to me;
it's a fairly neutral term that describes exactly what is happening.

> It makes a big difference to folks who simply get busy or move on to
> other things and don't like to see "REJECTING John Doe" every time
> someone googles their name. I might have less sympathy with their
> position if we actually meant what any potentially employer, etc.,
> that reads those notices thinks it does. Can this be changed?

The only thing that needs to be changed is the NM Corner website, I
think.

| Bas Zoetekouw              | GPG key: 0644fab7                     |
|----------------------------| Fingerprint: c1f5 f24c d514 3fec 8bf6 |
| bas@o2w.nl, bas@debian.org |              a2b1 2bae e41f 0644 fab7 |