Re: two rejections

<quote who="Jeremiah Foster" date="Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 10:08:29AM +0200">
> I have been "rejected" as a DD. I wasn't happy about it and I would
> have preferred the term "deferred" which I feel better reflects
> debian's policy. The person who communicated the rejection to me
> advised me to apply later on when the package I maintain makes its
> way into debian.

I still think that rejection has happened and will happen in the
future. Rejection is when an AM or the DAM decides that a person does
not belong. It should be called one.

However, when someone simply does not finish going through the
application process, we should call that a canceled application or a
deactivated or inactive application.

It makes a big difference to folks who simply get busy or move on to
other things and don't like to see "REJECTING John Doe" every time
someone googles their name. I might have less sympathy with their
position if we actually meant what any potentially employer, etc.,
that reads those notices thinks it does. Can this be changed?

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill