Re: Suggestion: Time limit for NM process

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006, Thomas Hood wrote:
> I don't expect these principles to be changed any time soon and so I don't
> have much hope that Debian will become more efficient or that participating in
> Debian will become less frustrating in the future.

You don't have to learn me what Debian is about. I know what we can expect
from Debian developers and what I propose is certainly not the end of the
world. Yes we have some rules and yes we can enforce them if the majority
agrees with the rules ...

Of course some people will not respect them and that is not the end of the
world either. We have rules for NMU and almost everyone follow them and
sometimes we have again a little discussion because X or Y didn't follow
them. It's exactly the same here.

If we document what we expect from the AM, they will follow the guidelines
and if they don't like them, they won't do AM or they will stop doing it.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog