Re: Suggestion: Time limit for NM process

On Thu, 06 Apr 2006, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > OK. Can we maybe agree on a looser requirement ?
> >
> > I'm thinking that an AM who puts someone on hold should just install
> > the "applicant mbox" in the appropriate place on nm.d.o (merkel) so
> > that when the applicant is ready someone else could take over and so
> > that anyone wishing to see the status of a candidate who is on hold
> > can do so quite easily.
>
> AIUI, one of the problems is that some AM take ages to do their work,
> and that won't solve the problem easily.
>
> I'd really prefer to see a centralized "thing" using
> mbox=fqdn@nm.debian.org or anything like that, that AM's may use at
> their own option (and are very encouraged to use).

I have not been clear in my previous mail. If we setup this system (which
I'm convinced that we will do), then I would like to require any AM to
provide the mbox of an applicant that is put on hold and to install it at
the standard place on nm.d.o:/org/nm.debian.org/db/

They would not be forced to use the system, but they would just be forced
to provide the mbox when someone is put on hold. This would facilitate
transitions between AM.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog