Re: Suggestion: Time limit for NM process

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Thomas Hood <jdthood <at> yahoo.co.uk> [2006-04-02 22:39]:
>> Dan Armstrong wrote:
>>> Being an active and positive contributor to Debian makes your
>>> application process much easier
>>
>> According to an AM I know, prior work in Debian doesn't count at all
>> because the FD and DAM don't have time to review that work.
>
> This is absolutely untrue.  Prior work is absolutely crucial and
> applicants without any prior work slow down NM because the AM needs to
> wait to see what the applicants are actually capable of and interested
> in doing, and because the applicants haven't established trust in the
> community yet.

There is no contradiction.  Contributions are necessary, but they still
don't count when it comes to T&S verification.  Unless one gets an AM who
is willing to count them, of course, but I don't know how many are
willing.

This is something else for applicants to keep in mind: AMs vary a lot in
what they demand of applicants.
--
Thomas