Re: Suggestion: Time limit for NM process

* Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk> [2006-04-02 22:39]:
> According to an AM I know, prior work in Debian doesn't count at all
> because the FD and DAM don't have time to review that work.

This is absolutely untrue.  Prior work is absolutely crucial and
applicants without any prior work slow down NM because the AM needs to
wait to see what the applicants are actually capable of and interested
in doing, and because the applicants haven't established trust in the
community yet.

> On the other hand I have read some AM reports where prior work
> weighed very heavily indeed.

That's right.  Ideally, when someone applies for NM it should be
*obvious* whether they should get in or not, i.e. either you're a
member of the community and have done good work or you haven't.

> Hmm, do you think if I helped out with some packages I could get
> through NM quickly too??

You have helped out with packages... people have to be pretty blind
not to notice your work.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/