Re: fresh blood gets congested: long way to become DD

* Andreas Barth [Fri, 11 Nov 2005 23:43:51 +0100]:

  (Respecting M-F-T...)

> * Moritz Muehlenhoff (jmm@inutil.org) [051111 23:40]:
> > Endless sponsoring is a waste of time, both for the DD-to-be, who has additional
> > work like preparing his new package for download, sending explanations along etc.
> > and the sponsor, who needs to review the upload again.

> I think it's true that we need to get faster. I just don't have *the*
> good idea how. Of course, ranting is not helpful (which you didn't, but
> others did) - but I don't have a good idea what is (except of getting
> more people to become AM, what we try, but is only limited successfull).

  Private mail to FD/DAM (whichever appropriate), which they use at
  their discretion, stating "I honestly believe this applicant should be
  assigned an AM sooner / fastracked in the DAM queue"? And a rationale.

  (And for me, the key for this method having a chance to succeed is the
  "at their discretion" above, really.)

  Cheers,

--
Adeodato Simó
    EM: dato (at) the-barrel.org | PK: DA6AE621

I went to the race track once and bet on a horse that was so good that
it took seven others to beat him!