Re: AM Report for Week Ending 23 Feb 2003

* MJ Ray <markj@cloaked.freeserve.co.uk> [2003-02-24 23:49]:
> > The old ones were about P&P, the current ones about T&S).
> Sorry to contradict you in public, but "Philosophy&Proecures" (sic)
> in the email suggests otherwise.  Are these form emails and I got
> the wrong one?

OK, so I didn't remember correctly, bite me.  The old ones were about
T&S and the new ones about P&P (i.e. the exact opposite to what I said
in my last mail).  And yeah, asking the free beer question might sound
a little silly, but otoh it shouldn't be a problem for you to answer
it (and giving a quick but precise answer shouldn't require that much
time).

Anyway, for the record, on Wed, 5 Jun 2002 20:39:48 +0200 I asked:

 - What would you do if a bug was reported against your package and
   you are not able to fix it yourself?

 - Do you know what 'lintian' is?  Why is it useful?

 - How can you know whether a package has been compiled successfully on
   different architectures?

 - There are many Debian suites, like "stable", "unstable", "testing",
   "woody" and "sid".  Can you explain why there are so many and what
   the differences are?  How does a package get from on to the other?

 - What would you do if you wanted to retire from the project and let
   other developers maintainer your packages?

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003 18:50:52 +0000, I asked:

 - Debian was offered a Debian-specific license to package a certain
   piece of software (I forget which).  Would we put it in main?

 - Do you know (and can you explain) the difference between free
speech
   and free beer?  Is Debian mainly about free speech or free beer?

I'm sure you have read the Debian Developers' Reference at
http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/developers-reference/

 - What are Non-Maintainer Uploads (NMUs) and when would you do an
NMU?

 - Tell me 3 different methods to close a bug in the BTS.

I don't see any duplicates here, and I don't think I duplicated any
work done by your AM either (but I'm not going to grab your AM report
right now to check, beause I have more important stuff to do).
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com