Re: New version of nm-step2

Hi,

I am Japanese who typically has no sense for tense and plurals :-)

But, I do not understand ...

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 11:05:57PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
>       <li>As a last resort, if you didn't received any offers for a
                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> 	few weeks after registering, you can send e-mail to
> 	<email gpg-coord@nm.debian.org> telling them where you live
> 	exactly (plus naming some big cities close to you). They
> 	can then check the database for developers who are
> 	near you.</li>
> </ul>

I thought

       <li>As a last resort, if you haven't received any offers for a
or

       <li>As a last resort, if you didn't receive any offers for a

are the only acceptable forms in my Japanese junior high school days.

Hm.... but reading its context, this may be one of the funny subjunctive
sentence which is specially designed to fool non-natives like me.  I
prefer simpler form such as:

       <li>As a last resort, if you don't receive any offers for a

Anyway, please check here again by someone who knows English better than
me.

Just my 2 euro cents.

Osamu