Re: Initial Contact

wrote MJ Ray on 4/18/03 1:33 AM:
Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> wrote:
[...]
Iirc this idea was already presented about two month's ago, there was some talk on this list.

I must have missed or forgotten that.  Who was going to do it?

Hello,
I have no idea and currently no access to my debian-nm archives, feel free to check the web archives yourself. (Please increas politeness level as necessary, I just don't know how to do it myself ;-)

[...]
The person who holds the position to actually hand out these accounts needs to be ultimately trusted by the Debian project. Currently we have only one account manager, James Troup, *imvvvvvvvvvvvvvvho* for two reasons:
[...]
* nobody with the same trust level as James Troup has stepped forward and said "I think the NM process needs another DAM, let me do it."

I think joey is a deputy DAM, but, as I have already said, I am not
convinced that the problem is insufficient people in any one group, nor
that any of these people are defective, least of all James Troup.
There are some odd things in the way applications are handled just now,
from the perspective of someone going through NM.

I just don't know it, I only have got the outsiders point of view but the fact that most people sit in the "waiting for DAM approval" stage for a couple of months suggest that JT might have something to do with it one way or the other: Perhaps lack of time, a deliberate cooling-off period, or a observation period. I can imagine that JT has lots of other stuff to do and not much time to spare and _guessed_ that #1 might be case.

Just adding another DAM seemed like a good and simple solution when I wrote this mail but I am not sure, that's why I did not quote big parts of your mail.

[...]
Can you roughly give the length of time each stage took for you?

About one month until initial contact, and about one week for T&S and P&P. My "waiting for DAM approval" period probably shouldn't be used for comparisons because there was mis-sent mail involved.
        cu andreas