AM Report for David Parker <david@neongoat.com>

1. Background
-------------
David writes:
> At age 5 I taught myself to program on an Apple II GS and since then
> have been exploring the art of computing. About five or six years
> ago I got my hands on a magazine distributed with a (now) primitive
> version of Slackware and worked up the courage to try it out. In
> those in between years, I had become a Windows guru and as I learned
> more, I saw more and more fundamental flaws in Windows as a
> computing platform. Aside from the obvious benefits of a "free as in
> speech" system, Debian's "we won't hide problems" mantra appealed
> strongly to me, since as a programmer I knew better than to blindly
> accept badly written software. After a few years of using Linux on
> and off, toying with the various distributions, I finally decided to
> use Linux full time and at that point I felt I had enough experience
> to choose Debian as my distribution. Since then I have implemented
> Debian in a number of different environments (school computer labs,
> specialized applications, Linux servers for clients, etc) and have
> converted 5 other friends to Debian exclusively (also exposing
> handfuls of others to Debian and Linux in general).

> Also if you're bored and want a less techie intro about me, it's at
> http://dap.webhop.net/me.php

2. Identification
-----------------
David's GPG key is signed by Viral Shah <viral@mayin.org> (a.k.a
viral@debian.org)

daf@green:~$ gpg --check-sigs F90FFFE5
pub  1024D/F90FFFE5 1999-02-23 David Parker <david@neongoat.com>
sig!        F90FFFE5 2000-05-28   David Parker <david@neongoat.com>
sig!        6E25E283 2002-05-11   Viral Shah <viral@mayin.org>
uid                            David Parker <dap24@beer.com>
sig!        F90FFFE5 2000-05-28   David Parker <david@neongoat.com>
sig!        6E25E283 2002-05-11   Viral Shah <viral@mayin.org>
uid                            David Parker <dap24@earthlink.net>
sig!        F90FFFE5 1999-02-23   David Parker <david@neongoat.com>
sig!        6E25E283 2002-05-11   Viral Shah <viral@mayin.org>
uid                            David Parker <dap24@email.com>
sig!        6E25E283 2002-05-11   Viral Shah <viral@mayin.org>
sig!        F90FFFE5 1999-03-03   David Parker <david@neongoat.com>
uid                            David Parker <parkerd@tegris.com>
sig!        6E25E283 2002-05-11   Viral Shah <viral@mayin.org>
sig!        F90FFFE5 1999-08-03   David Parker <david@neongoat.com>
sub  2048g/592F9FA7 1999-02-23
sig!        F90FFFE5 1999-02-23   David Parker <david@neongoat.com>

22 signatures not checked due to missing keys

3. Philosophy and Procedures
----------------------------

David agrees to uphold the Social Contract and the DFSG and accepts
the DMUP. David had no difficulty answering the questions I asked
regarding philosophy and procedures.

4. Tasks and Skills
-------------------

David has packaged libdbi, a database-independent abstraction layer in
C (similar to perl's DBI/DBD), of which he is co-author. He did an
exceptional job of packaging this library, despite the frustration of
changing postgresql versions and other complications.

David also packaged libdbi-drivers, a package of 3rd party drivers for
libdbi, currently containing only libdbd-sqlite (for SQLite), without
the use of debhelper. He did an excellent job of this.

I have sponsored both of these packages.

I recommend that David Parker be accepted as a Debian Developer.

Preferred login: dap
Forwarding address: david@neongoat.com

--
Duncan Findlay