Re: AM Report for Week Ending 08 Dec 2002

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 04:38:50PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

 > It wouldn't be a good idea to automate AM assignments.  There's more
 > involved than just assigning the first NM in the queue to a random AM
 > who has a free slot.  In some cases, it makes sense to assign an AM
 > to a specific AM.

 That's fair, but the NM website doesn't reflect this in any way.  The
 NM doesn't have the possibility of saying "I want to work in [this] and
 [that]" in a way that can be classified (read: there's no place where
 you can check [ ] Perl; [ ] IPv6; [ ] Graphics; ...).  Same thing for
 the AMs.  You have no way of knowing what I'm interested in.  You can
 look at the packages that I maintain, but if you do that you'll be left
 with "window maker, OpenGL, astronomy, raytracing".

 In other words, your decision will be based on your own perception of
 people.

--
Marcelo