Re: AM Report for Week Ending 08 Dec 2002

On Sun, Dec 08, 2002 at 11:56:02PM +0100, NM Front Desk wrote:

 > Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com>
 > Martin Sjögren <md9ms@mdstud.chalmers.se>
 > Joe Wreschnig <piman@sacredchao.net>

 Hmmm...

 is there _any_ order in the way applications are processed?  I see two
 applications approved on November.  And submitted mid-year.  Two
 applicants which I processed have been approved for several months but
 nothing has happened with respect to their accounts and I haven't been
 contacted asking for corrections or more info or whatever else might be
 holding their application.

 It is not only frustrating for them, it's also frustrating for _me_ as
 an application manager, because back at the time I saw two enthusiastic
 people wanting to work for the project and now I picture two people who
 probably don't want to have anything to do with it since the project
 obviously doesn't want them.  That also has an impact on my processing
 of new people: seeing that applicants that I recommended take
 horrendously long to get accepted, I'm in no hurry to process new
 people.  And there's also the question of "am I, as an application
 manager, doing _something_ wrong?".  If that's the case, say it so.

 Marcelo