Re: AM Report for Week Ending 08 Dec 2002

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 10:41:55PM +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

 > At least for Petter and Martin, I think they were fast-tracked at my
 > request because of their work on debian-installer.

 Well, I guess I can live with that.  Some people are more equal than
 others, but that's hardly news.

 It still leaves me with the question of why hasn't an applicant been
 processed after half a year, though.  I mean, the process should be a
 FIFO most of the time: the first person submitting an application
 should be the first person getting an AM and should be the first person
 being looked at after the AM submits the final report, shouldn't it?
 For some time I thought AM-assignment was a completely automated
 process (which should it be different?), but at some point it became
 clear to me that there's a much larger degree of manual intervention
 than what I expected.

 I must admit I haven't been paying much attention to the discussion
 since the last flamewar on this topic, but my impression is that the AM
 process is moving much slower than, say, a year ago.  If someone comes
 out and says "well, there are 1100+ people on this project, we don't
 really need anymore at the moment", that's _fine_.  But then someone
 has to come out and _say_ that.

--
Marcelo