Re: Trouble becoming a member

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 05:29:02PM +0200, Arvid Warnecke wrote:
> > > My advocate told me that this would be possible. So, I have to drive
> > > lots of kilometres to get my key signed? What is so bad about a signed
> > > and scanned ID?
> > Is driving some kilometers really too much to ask of someone we will be
> > trusting with root access to the machines of every Debian user?  Believe
> > me, compared to a pleasant road trip, there will be times as a developer
> > when you feel you have wasted much more for much less gain. :)
> >
> Nah, but right now it isn't that easy coz I don't have a car at the
> moment and there is no station in this damn city.
> So, I could contact the guy next to me again. That would solve one
> problem. But what about the AM not responding to my email anymore?

I am curently in the new maintatainer process and just waiting for approval.
My key has been signed by a Debian Developer, but I am not DD yet. Would it
help Arvid _now_, if I sign his key? I am in Göttingen nearly every
weekend, this is not far from Clausthal, where Arvid (apparently) lives. I am
pretty sure there a busses going from Clausthal to Göttingen, it is not more
than 30-50 km, I guess (not sure, but certainly less than 100km). I do not
own a car myself, so I cannot visit him.

Clausthal is in a mountain region, that is why it is not easy to reach.

I think it will help him at least as soon as I am DD.

Greetings,
Oliver (who made a great effort figuring out how to reply to a mail in a list
he is not subscribed to ;-))
--
debian/rules                                       http://zork.net/~nick/srom/