Re: Trouble becoming a member

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 09:58:29AM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > > Who told you that it was ok to use a scanned ID?  Scanned IDs should only
> > > be used in EXTREME cases: e.g., you live on the wrong end of a continent,
> > > or you cannot travel freely across national borders to meet developers.
> > > Even if there are no other developers in your town, there are enough
> > > German developers that it should be possible for you to find someone
> > > willing to meet with you if you try.
> > My advocate told me that this would be possible. So, I have to drive
> > lots of kilometres to get my key signed? What is so bad about a signed
> > and scanned ID?
> Is driving some kilometers really too much to ask of someone we will be
> trusting with root access to the machines of every Debian user?  Believe
> me, compared to a pleasant road trip, there will be times as a developer
> when you feel you have wasted much more for much less gain. :)

Nah, but right now it isn't that easy coz I don't have a car at the
moment and there is no station in this damn city.
So, I could contact the guy next to me again. That would solve one
problem. But what about the AM not responding to my email anymore?

Cheers,
Arvid

--
 .''`. [Arvid Warnecke] [ Arvid@Nostalgix.Org ] [PGP-Subject: get pgp key]