Re: Trouble becoming a member

Hello,

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 04:04:43PM +0200, Arvid Warnecke wrote:

> I also had some trouble with him, because I have been told that a scaned
> ID would be okay to do ID Check. He wanted me to get my key signed by
> another developer. That would be no problem if I'd live in a big city
> with another german developer, but here is none; I already checked that.
> So, I'd like to know if there is a chance to get the process running
> again?

Who told you that it was ok to use a scanned ID?  Scanned IDs should only
be used in EXTREME cases: e.g., you live on the wrong end of a continent,
or you cannot travel freely across national borders to meet developers.
Even if there are no other developers in your town, there are enough
German developers that it should be possible for you to find someone
willing to meet with you if you try.

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer