sig!        466B4289 1997-08-12   Theodore Ts'o [SIGNATURE] <tytso@mit.edu>
sig!3       F5C75256 2002-09-05   Russell Coker <etbe@debian.org>
sig!        AE4B5D92 2002-03-21   Scott M. Dier <dieman@ringworld.org>
sig!        93674C40 1997-08-12   Theodore Y. Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>
sub  2048g/DB988C15 1997-08-12
sig!        93674C40 1997-08-12   Theodore Y. Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu>

Background
----------

Ted has been involved in free software since 1987, and got involved with
the Linux kernel in 1991, establishing the first FTP server for Linux in
America and implementing the serial driver, POSIX job control, POSIX
signal handling, and the ext2 filesystem utilities.

Philosophy & Procedures
-----------------------

The applicant understands and agrees with Debian's philosophy and the
DMUP.

His advocate, Sam Hartman, says: "I've also watched as Ted learned about
the Debian development tools and processes; it is fairly clear to me he
has the necessary knowledge about Debian specific tools and processes to
contribute."

Tasks & Skills
--------------

Ted already maintains the tzc package through a sponsor. He is the
upstream maintainer of e2fsprogs, and intends to contribute to its
maintenance. He is the project leader of MIT Kerberos V5.

I'm happy that his skills are more than sufficient to become a Debian
developer.

Recommendation

I recommend that Ted be accepted as a Debian maintainer.

Debian login: tytso
Forwarding email: tytso@mit.edu