Re: task & skills

* Christian Kurz <shorty@debian.org> [20001203 17:39]:
> debian packages and fixing other bug packages. You can't only look at
> the bug reports of people and judge them. You also should take a look at
> how much they contributed already to debian.

You won't believe it, but I do that with my applicants.  If you read
more than one AM report written by me, you would see that.  I think
I'm also the only AM who does a google.com search on the applicant to
get a broader picture of his activities.

> > was a serious problem for ME when I tried to make a hierarchy of
> > build dependencies, and that's why I filed a bug.
> And why he hopefully fixed it soon.

Sure he did.  I'm not complaining about Adrian.

> Because to many people don't know about lintian and it's package tests.
> I think we need to make this tool more popular as it's really helpful.

You are contradicting yourself, Christian.  When I say, "we need more
documentation", you say that there is enough documentation.  And now
you admit that many people don't know about lintian (ie that the
documentation doesn't mention it properly).
Martin Michlmayr