Re: task & skills

* Christian Kurz <shorty@debian.org> [20001203 17:39]:
> debian packages and fixing other bug packages. You can't only look at
> the bug reports of people and judge them. You also should take a look at
> how much they contributed already to debian.

You won't believe it, but I do that with my applicants.  If you read
more than one AM report written by me, you would see that.  I think
I'm also the only AM who does a google.com search on the applicant to
get a broader picture of his activities.

> > was a serious problem for ME when I tried to make a hierarchy of
> > build dependencies, and that's why I filed a bug.
>
> And why he hopefully fixed it soon.

Sure he did.  I'm not complaining about Adrian.

> Because to many people don't know about lintian and it's package tests.
> I think we need to make this tool more popular as it's really helpful.

You are contradicting yourself, Christian.  When I say, "we need more
documentation", you say that there is enough documentation.  And now
you admit that many people don't know about lintian (ie that the
documentation doesn't mention it properly).
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com