Newbie question: Resurrecting wxsvg

Hi Ross,

Thanks for taking time to review!

I had probably too much respect for the existing package. Or, perhaps I
was just lazy. Bottom line: here some more things to do. Pushed some
work on master and pristine-tar. Unfortunately, pristine-tar is rebased.

Here we go:

On 22/09/18 15:27, Ross Gammon wrote:
> Hi Alec,

> On 09/17/2018 11:04 PM, Alec Leamas wrote:
>> On 17/09/18 18:33, Ross Gammon wrote:
>>> Hi Alec,

> Unfortunately, the package does not build for
> me in a clean unstable chroot (I use pbuilder).

Had similar problems with pbuilder, an unresolved reference to
python3.6-minimal.  After a nights sleep and a cowbuilder update all is
fine, seems like some transient inconsistency in the repos.

> I would recommend you upload the package to Debian Mentors
> (https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers).

Done: https://mentors.debian.net/package/wxsvg (as you can see, mentors
is not new to me).

> 1. Top changelog entry should mention the package is being
> re-introduced.

Done

> get-orig-source target should be removed in favour of repacking with uscan

Done

> The
> fact that you have bumped the standards version should also be listed in
> the changelog.

Done

> 3. The upstream metadata file is not valid yaml,

Fixed, at least yamllint is happy.

> 4. Alessio and Fabrice would probably have agreed to the package being
> removed from Debian. They might be a bit surprised to find they are
> maintaining it again. :-

Oops... (fixed)

> 5. There is at least one file where the copyright notice has been
> updated since the previous upload (Alex Thuering > 2014). Did you check
> the copyrights?

No. Now updated using cme update dpkg-copyright.

> Other minor comments, but easy to fix:
> 1.
> https://lintian.debian.org/tags/package-uses-old-debhelper-compat-version.html
> shows the preferred way to fix this. May as well use the latest
> debhelper version.

I have updated compat and debhelper to 11.

> https://lintian.debian.org/tags/debian-watch-does-not-check-gpg-signature.html
> explains what to do about this.

Filed a bug (sort of) at upstream, documented in
d/source/lintian-overrides.

> 3. Technically, the changelog entry should say that the libav10 patch
> was dropped (not ffmpeg) as this was what the patch was called.
> 4. You are safe to remove t

yes... the git commit had the proper libav10 heading, for some reason i
invented a better name :( fixed.

he (>= 1.20.2) version constraint for
> libpango1.0-dev, because there is no version older than this, even back
> to old-old-stable. But you should mention you have done this in the
> changelog. Similarly, the changelog does not mention that you dropped
> the g++ dependency.

Done

> 5. You have removed the Breaks/Replaces on the old library name, but not
> mentioned this in the changelog.

Restored.

Also:
  - Drop generated files from package (sane repeated builds, some
    licenses can be avoided)
  - Add hardening build flags.
  - Add some lintian overrides
  - Drop obsolete debug package defs from control.
  - Drop obsolete dh_autoreconf build dep.
  - Explicit handling of uninstalled files (don't miss them...)
  - Handle the /usr/bin/svgview surprise, new package -tools. A bit
    unsure about how to handle this one.
  - Add Breaks/Obsoletes also for the latest 2v5 packages.
  - Drop python-scour build dep - this package does not ship svg files.

Cheers!
--alec