Newbie question: Resurrecting wxsvg

Dear list,

I am working with an attempt to package opencpn[1]. This is primarely
done in the Debian GIS group but opencpn also depends on wxsvg [2]. As
of now it's bundled, so this this about unbundling it.

Since wxsvg has a history in the multimedia group, I figure that
resurrecting it should be done here.

Although I have done some packaging, I'm not an experienced debian
packager. That said, I have done some tests builds with the latest
upstream version which looks OK at a glance.

So, my simple question: is there a path to resurrect this package?

Cheers!
--alec

[1] https://www.opencpn.org
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/multimedia-team/wxsvg